Wednesday, August 8, 2012

What Are The Benefits Of Using Witch Hazel???

Witch Hazel is an extract from the leaves & bark of the North American shrub Hamamelis Virginiana.  There are more than 30 traditional uses for witch hazel.  It's primary use through the years has been for the treatment of skin conditions.

ANTI-INFLAMMATORY:
Can be used to treat conditions such as, diaper rash, razor burn, and bug bites.

ANTIMICROBIAL:
Another use is to soothe poison ivy, treat chicken pox, and heal bruises & cuts, all caused or irrated by viruses & bacteria.

ASTRINGENT:
Witch hazel is considered to be a potent astringent due to the high level of tannins in the leaves, tannins help to tighten skin proteins which then form a protecting covering to help promote skin healing.

MOISTURIZER:
You can use witch hazel to lock in moisture onto your skin. 

MY PERSONAL THOUGHTS:
Witch hazel is safe & effective to use daily, if needed, on your skin.  I do & I swear by this stuff.  After I wash my face, I use a cotton pad and use this right after.  It removes what my wash left behind.  It nourishes my skin, minimizes my pores, controls the oil on my face, and leaves it nice & smooth.  I have combination skin, and I tend to get flaky on my forehead & since using this there is no more flakiness.  I totally see the difference is my skin and I highly recommend this product to everyone!  You can find this at your local drug store, I purchased mine from Walmart.  Dickinson's carries a whole line of witch hazel products so check them out!

Dickinson's Witch Hazel


No comments:

Post a Comment